Enabling Canadian Thoracic Surgeons to provide the highest level of care to every patient, every time.
A collaborative network that promotes excellence in patient centered care, fosters innovation, and enhances quality through education, research and advocacy.
The Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons represents thoracic surgeons in Canada. We provide subspecialty clinical care for patients with a wide range of pleural, mediastinal, esophageal and gastric diseases. Our patients suffer from complex benign and malignant diseases, and our training is therefore very broad. We educate students and residents. Our success in postgraduate surgical education is well known. Canadian trained thoracic surgeons have a world-wide reputation for clinical excellence, and many of our former trainees hold thoracic surgical leadership positions throughout the world. The association is actively involved in clinical and laboratory research. We are also involved in health care planning issues such as thoracic surgical manpower, standards of practice, and delivery of thoracic surgical oncology services.
Canadian Surgical Forum 2021
September 21-24, 2021
CATS CSF Highlights
- Dr. Enrico Ruffini (ESTS Invited Speaker)
- The TNM staging system of thymic tumors: a drive to optimal therapeutic management
- Dr. David Cooke (STS Invited Speaker)
- Improving Healthcare Through Diversity – Thoracic Surgeons as Change Agents
- Dr. Valerie Rusch (2021 Pearson Lecturer)
- Advances in Lung Cancer Care
- Dr. Garett Walsh (2020 Pearson Lecturer)
- Paying homage to my Canadian surgical training and mentors after 30 years of a Thoracic oncology practice
- Dr. Andrew Seely (CATS Presidential Lecture)
- Practice Changing Ideas in Surgery and Research
- Joint CAGS-CATS Session: MIS / Endoscopy & Thoracic Surgery
- Dr. Allan Okrainec: My GERD is back, now what?- Management options
- Dr. Marco Patti: Poor motility and reflux – Nissen, Toupet or nothing at all?
- Dr. Omar Awais: Achalasia- Update on best treatment options
- Dr. James D Luketich: That’s a Big Hernia! – Paraesophageal hernia tips and tricks
- CATS Debates
- Role of thymectomy for thymomas less that 1 cm in size
- Role of intrapleural TPA to manage empyema
- Role of routine jejunostomy tubes in patients undergoing esophagectomy
- Role of suction on chest drains post lung resection
- Role of ablative radiotherapy for T1a lung cancers in borderline operative candidates
- CATS Research Abstracts
- CATS Master Class: Lung Nodule Management – State of the Art
- CATS Exam Prep Course
CSF Industry Session?
September 22, 2021 at 5-6 pm
Register for the CSF here.?